Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello 2011! Will you be as good to me as 2010? 


Last year was a year of new beginnings. I moved from a roomy house in the suburbs to a tiny apartment in the city, had a baby, and at the very tail end of the year, I started this blog to document it all. It was a busy but wonderful year.

This year, I hope to continue organizing my life, raising the little peanut to be a happy little girl, and learning the ropes of blogging. This year is also about acceptance of who I really am (pretty darn lazy and a bit of a hermit...hence all the online shopping) and pushing myself to be a better version of me.

Which brings me to my new year's resolutions (please hold me accountable!):
  1. Purge purge purge - clutter is the enemy when you only have 700 square feet and a baby. 
    • The goal is to get rid of one item a week.
  2. In-store shopping - yes, I need to do more real life shopping. I waste too much time buying ill-fitting items online and returning them. I'm holding out for quality and the perfect fit this year. The nude Jimmy Choo pumps were a good start.
    • The goal is to go shopping at least once a month.
  3. Socialize - sometimes I feel so drained from caring for the little peanut that when I have a spare moment, all I want to do is curl up on the couch in my PJs and zone out. 
    • The goal is to get dressed, put on some makeup, and get out of the house/meet up with friends once a week. 
  4. Cook - I admit I've been neglecting my household chores since the little peanut arrived. They're sort of low on the totem pole (and rightfully so) when I haven't slept for more than 4 hours straight in 6 months. But...the time has come to brush off the recipe books and get back into the swing of things. 
    • The goal is to try a new recipe once a month.
My resolutions for 2011 are really basic aren't they? What are your resolutions this year?

2 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions, it's exactly what I'm working on daily, especially socializing. Despite going to a couple events and visiting people, I don't talk as much as listen.

    Anyways, best of luck for 2011 and keep blogging! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stylepint! I will do my best to stick to my resolutions! Although I may already have missed the first week of socializing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...